Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Welcome to our winter wonderland, normally in sunny Las Vegas. One night last week Lauren was watching the news with me, when the weather report started her ears perked up. SNOW!!!! That may have been the only word she had heard. But with that she began to pray for snow. "I think it would be great if it snowed." Well Monday came and went in our area of town there was no snow. The mountains looked beautiful with the dusting they received. I thought she would be happy to see that. But Lauren needed to touch the snow. So she continued to pray for a little white stuff. Her pray was answered with the wildest snow storm on record in Las Vegas in 30 years. While at work today we went to the pool deck of the Venetian and watch the snow. It was beautiful. The best sight was Lauren's face as I pulled up to the house. She was outside playing. Building a little snow man on our front step. Jeff and I went outside with her and helped her build a bigger snowman. He was almost as tall as she is.
She was so wet and very cold when we came in, but she had a blast. She begged me to get a Ziploc bag so she could get some snow to bring inside. So I have a gallon bag of snow being saved in the freezer for an art project. (That is what she told her dad.) I think she is saving it so incase it melts that she will not loose that memory. She was even more excited to find out that school has been cancelled do to the weather. I am sure my niece and nephews in Utah would get a kick out of school being closed over 3.6 inches of snow. Guess it pays to live in a town that has not snow plows.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is one terrific snowman! Ours didn't make it that big. In fact, we never got past the first big ball - the boys were confused after a week of jumping in piles of leaves and kept jumping on the snow piles. Oh, well...we'll try again today I guess.