Tuesday, November 18, 2008

PBR or bust

On a recent Saturday we recived PBR world finals tickets from my boss. She was so excited to give them to us as she knew how much my kids love rodeo events. But what she did not know is how much Adam loves watching bull riding. After the last rodeo we attended Adam would ask his dad to play with him. "Dad you be the bull and I will fall off." So he understands the idea behind the sport. So when the kids heard we had tickets they were so excited. Each had to wear their cowboy best. Adam had his wranglers and boots, Lauren had her jeans and her boots as well.
The crowds were large, and loud as we arrived. Adam was very uncertain about what was going on. The fireworks scared him. I don't think he even saw a minute of the opening show. Which was amazing. It was only when the lights came up and the Cowboys started to ride that Adam came alive. I tried to capture his expressions as he watch intently each ride. But.....Adam would put his hand up and say "not me mom, the bulls. So I set the carmera on the sport setting and let it rip. He asked quite often since then to see the bulls in my camera. And look out dad, if Jeff gets down on his hands and knees Adam is on his back with one hand in the air. "GO DADDY GO!"



Adam tells me that when he grows up he wants to be a "BULL RIDER." Heaven help me!!!!

1 comment:

easywriter said...

Love the pictures and love the stories behind the pictures. The Journaling is wonderful.....I love your stories. I can vividly picture it, see it , hear it, and smell it. It is as if I were there. You have always been great with stories and pictures. keep it up. Dawna :o)